Wednesday, April 7, 2010

things that make me smile today

Having a bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs on my desk!


Bug has ONE bookcase in his room and when he wants to read a book he "invites me to join him" in his library.


The three new books I ordered arrived today.


Believing Hoping that having a salad for lunch will cancel out the bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs that is now nearly empty on my desk.


We survived the Easter Egg Roll at the White House on Monday. We were three of 10,000 people entering at the 1:45 time slot. Surprisingly, it went so much smoother than I expected. Highlights for Bug: seeing Elmo on stage (I've got a photo of Elmo on the big screen with the Washington Monument in the background) and talking to SEVERAL police officers. A big thank you to the kind officer who turned on the lights and siren for Bug and them let him sit in the police car.

Ordering my favorite "production tee" baby gift for two friends.



Tomorrow is Hershey! (Hershey manufactures Cadbury...my fingers are crossed that there are Easter markdowns.) There's talk of stopping at the outlets on the drive home...fingers crossed for that, too!

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear about your trip, I hope it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH man! HERSHEY!?!? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that he calls his bookshelf his library! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun!! And the salad TOTALLY cancels out the eggs. Totally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easter candy has no calories. Neither does any food or wine eaten on vacation - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. if we still lived up that way i would love to do the white house egg hunt!

    and what beats new books in the mail--well, chocolate does, but new books always make me smile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful weekend getaway! Enjoy every minute! I expect a full post on all the chocolate Hershey wonderfulness encountered!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our front room has the ginormous glass bookcase and hubby calls it "the libarary." I guess that's better than "room where we pile up junk we're not using."

    ReplyDelete
  9. The great egg roll at the White House? Cool!
    Can never have enough Cadbury eggs around!

    ReplyDelete