Thursday, June 4, 2009

Snug with my Bug

It's been a handful of nights since Bug started sleeping in a big boy bed. We put a mat and pillows next to his bed for those inevitable falls. The first night was more eventful than I had hoped for and I ended up sleeping on the mat, which meant I was a good landing when Bug fell out of bed. (Have I mentioned my little guy is 2 1/2 and people often ask if he's 4? Um, ouch!)

Bug slept through the next few nights and managed to stay in his bed, thankyouverymuch. A couple of mornings he was bleary-eyed as he made his way to our room to snuggle with me for those few minutes before I had to get ready for work. This morning he woke up with energy and pushed open our bedroom door like a Broadway star making an entrance.

So, I guess my worries of him jumping out of the crib will now be replaced with worries of him figuring out the 'push/slide/lift' combination of the baby gate at the top of the stairs. Fun stuff...

2 comments:

  1. When we first put the boys in big boy beds, we actually put the mattress and box spring right on the floor to lessen the drop.

    We still have the gate at the top of the stairs - HRH is a sleepwalker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww. the proverbial big boy bed. yippeee! My older son is such a rule follower he would stay in the bed until my husband and I told him he could get out! :) perfect child! the younger son... not so much...

    ReplyDelete