Friday, May 8, 2009

I did it...three times

I ran this week. Maybe it was the nice weather and seeing so many runners outside or maybe it was watching The Biggest Loser and seeing the finalists complete a marathon (a MARATHON!) or more likely it was realizing that I'm wearing the same clothes all the time because so many other things don't fit as well as they once did.

Running isn't really something I enjoy but it seems the quickest/cheapest way for me to ease back to some sort of an exercise routine and I feel a sense of accomplishment when I'm done. There was a time when Donnie and I went to the gym at 5am usually 2-3 times during the week and later on the weekend mornings. In the summer we sometimes added a run outside to the gym routine. That was pre-Bug. Once he came along sleep became too valuable--and somehow working out for me is a morning event--the thought of exercising after a full day doesn't work for me.

When Bug saw me he said, "Mommy all wet" and I wanted to thank him for noticing that I broke a sweat. I may not have run far or fast but I went farther and faster than I thought I could and that's a good feeling at the start of a day.

And then I had doritos for lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you! Thanks for visiting my blog! I've done 9 marathons and I'm training for the 10th. If running's not enjoyable to you, try slowing down... it'll make all the difference in the world. Go 'head... try it...

    ReplyDelete