Wednesday, March 17, 2010

top of the mornin' from the bottom of my couch heart

I woke up when my alarm clock named Bug called me at 5:30. (Shouldn't he be sleeping later with the time change?!) I felt like a construction crew was jackhammering in my throat and a percussion solo was playing in my head. I love spring!


After Bug went to preschool, I decided orange juice would be the best thing...but when I checked the fridge I found out the OJ expired last month--not yesterday or last week but last month. Good grief, how could I not have noticed that for three weeks? Off to check for cough syrup or allergy meds so I don't scare the neighbors or make them think a barking seal has moved into our house. There's nothing ladylike about my monster cough. I've got nothing--must have used it up on my last go 'round with allergies.


Seems Murphy's Law has kicked in on St. Patrick's Day.


On the bright side, since sleeping is a bit difficult I hope to get some quality time with my book.

14 comments:

  1. this saturday i cleaned out the fridge and found a small, unopened carton of heavy cream that had expired in...

    ...wait for it...

    november freaking 2008!

    hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. tiffanys comment cracked me up. i cleaned out the medicine cabinet last week and found some cold and flu meds that epired dec. 2007. but i dont think thats nearly as cool as finding something ancient in the fridge.

    i really hope bug starts sleeping in for you soon. my daughter has always been a morning person. she jumps out of bed excited and ready to start her day. she sleeps in a bit later now, but up until she was about four, she'd routinely be out of bed at 5 in the morning. i lover her to death, but her squeals of joy were not a good start to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so close to calling The Husband and asking him to come home so I can take a sick day. It must be going around everywhere. And sometimes he and I will play a guessing game for things that have been in the fridge or pantry for a long time as to when it expired. And then when we last ate from it... :-S ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I'm sensing a theme here...Bug must be a morning person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, curl up with a good book and tea! That sounds so wonderful right now...except the sick part. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like everyone is feeling yucky today! Damn little impish Leprechauns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following a few days late from Friday Follow or just early for this Friday!!! LOVE your blog and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ug, sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well! I unfortunately have two morning kids. TWO.

    The good news is I have them trained to not talk directly to me until I have finished my first cup of coffee. They fully understand that all they will get in response before the coffee is some Klingon gibberish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Better get rid of that cold soon...spring allergies are semi already here...well at least in AZ, so now you get to deal with that too. Have a good time immersing yourself in your book. I finally get to now that I'm on spring break and I don't have to study my life away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Friday Following you, please follow me back! Check out my profile, I have 2 blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a new follower from Friday Follow! Hope you get better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following from Friday Follow. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found your blog through Friday Follow! Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete