Friday, July 24, 2009

Bulldozers, Dump Trucks and Dirt...oh my

Have I mentioned there's been construction on our street for eleven months? Wait, I'll repeat that...ELEVEN MONTHS. The street is currently down to one lane--one way, obviously. I've seen school buses, delivery trucks and police cars driving on the street in the wrong direction. (And, nope, the police cars weren't in hot pursuit or even flashing their lights.)

We can't park on our street or use our driveway. Okay, I'm exaggerating...we can get into our driveway but something was ripped from the bottom of our car the last time we did it it's not a smart move these days.

Of course Bug loves it because there are dump trucks, bulldozers, jackhammers and mounds of dirt everywhere. Last week we had to have a pic-i-nic in our front yard to watch the activity.

Today--we have no water. (I'm REALLY hoping that's a short-term thing.)

Okay, onto other things. I wanted to be fancy and share the JK Wedding Entrance Dance that I saw on Learning to Love Life in Tiny Town but after trying 248 a few times I gave up. So if you haven't seen it yet...click above, sit back and maybe dance a little bit.

17 comments:

  1. oh this is horrible. i feel for you.i hope you have water by this point.

    i know its sort of irrational, but i hate this kinda stuff. i get pissed off when one of my neighbors is having roofing work. i just want to go out there and yell, "cant you do that when i move?!"

    that being said....11 months? they certainly are taking their sweet time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that video. My mother, who is horribly and ridiculously conservative would have died. DIED. She the kind of person who calls me when people have wedding invitation that aren't a white card with black print and says, "well, they certainly are--different." As if we've been sent poop smeared on a piece of toliet paper as an invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But your wee one is getting free entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tammy! When the garbage truck comes the boys watch out the window until it's done with our street. Free entertainment it good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... I need my water!!! Hot showers are better than coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog. Many, Many years ago our road went from a one lane dirt path...that I actually LOVED, to a paved 2 lane street. In order to do that, they bulldozed every gorgeous tree, bush and flower that was in their way. I cried. I do recall the mess though, and the noise and the dust...and it wasn't fun, so you have my sympathies.

    Hopefully it will get done one of these days. I can imagine Bug loving it...my boys did too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I JUST saw that video yesterday. A friend of mine linked to it on Facebook. Love it.

    Man, the two months people were working on my neighbor's house nearly undid me. I can't imagine a year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My niece has that video posted on her blog, it is soo fun! Sorry about all the construction, hope it ends soon!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are renters, and the owners have had work done to the house for the last several weeks and it is driving me batsh!t crazy. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about all that construction. Oy! I loved that video...so beautiful the way everyone was so happy and celebratory. I actually cried. I'm so sappy.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have thought about mailing you guys cookies, but it would have to be overnighted which is very very pricey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so much calmer than I would be. IUd be posting a lot of $#^^*&)&)& and $@##@#@ if I were you

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do not miss all of the noise, questionable men, and dust...oh the dust that once was part of my daily life. I'm so glad all of the construction is over!

    I've given you an award, come on by and pick it up!

    ~S

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a good thing Bug is helping you make some lemonade out of lemons! A pic-i-nic is a good thing to have while watching the activity! Better than a movie!

    Eleven months is a looong time! Hope it gets done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my I hope the water wasn't off for long! and I love the idea of the yard picnic to watch all the activity! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear about the construction nightmare! Hopefully they will get done soon

    ReplyDelete