Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Read with me us

Hey there, wanna be part of something fun? All the cool kids are doing it and you, YES YOU, can get in on the ground floor of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! This is the first month of book group!!! Cheers to summer reading with friends!




PROS: (Or should I say prose? Sorry, it's early here, folks...)

It's a fun chance to read books you might not otherwise read or even know about. Who doesn't like finding new authors? You get a month to read the book (whew!).

When we "meet" no one has to clean her house, prepare food to go along with the theme of the book, worry about having enough wine on hand or get little ones settled before the guests arrive. AND best of all, you don't have to be presentable! Last night I participated in my can't-even-go-outside-to-get-the-paper-they're-so-old-and-comfy jammies while drinking wine.

CONS:

Not a single one.

So...

This month's book is The Choice by Nicholas Sparks.



Warning: don't read the review on amazon, it gives TOO much away.

The Time Traveler's Wife is an extra credit book because some were lightning fast readers and wanted to be teachers' favorites. (I *ahem* am not one of them but have read The Time Traveler's Wife and thought it was terrific.)



So raise your glasses--reading or drinking--and wave a library card of thanks to MiMi and Jessica for being smart and coming up with this great idea. Check out Read with Girlfriends, go to the library and start reading!

Super Readers, to the Book Club! (Um, am I the only one who watches Super Why?)

11 comments:

  1. You are not the only one who suffers through Super Why regularly. I think Grasshopper has a bit of a crush on Princess P...

    I would join you with the book club, but Nicholas Sparks activates my gag reflex. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha, Bug has a crush on Princess Pea as well. I feel a little sorry for Red...she gets zero air time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Readers, to the rescue!

    As I'm already not reading books for my current book club, I'd better not join another. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Whey, Mama: we have to do 'hands in' when it's time for Super Readers, to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could do this because those are two great books. I have too many HAVE to read books to be able to do it though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hip hip hooray, Super Readers save the day....
    I watch it too. : 0
    Thank you for the GREAT shout out!! :)
    Macey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't everyone know who Super Why is ? :)

    So glad you stopped by for the giveaway! and I LOVED The Time Traveler's Wife - such a great read.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout-out!! That was so sweet of you! Glad you enjoy the little book club so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet my high school blogging buddy - Medora might join your book club. She is a librarian and a big book lover. Drop her a note. (She is probably a top commenter on my side bar)

    I just read when there is an emergency like a broken computer. I got out the owners manuel to try to figure it out today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am part of the "club" too! Love it! I just finished The Choice today, pretty darn good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! I would love to do this reading group, but with school reading, it makes it hard to keep up...bummer!!

    ReplyDelete