MiMi at Living in France
Katy at Bird on the Street
Mrs. Montoya at One Foot in Front of the Other
Tammie at Irregular Tammie
Rose at Desert Rose Moments
Bea at This Wonderful, Crazy Life
As far as I can tell only one of the awards comes with rules. The Honest Scrap award says I have to share ten honest things about myself. Here goes:
1. I’m somewhat shy and quiet until I’m comfortable in the environment and then people probably wish I were shy and quiet again.
2. I despise public speaking. Several years ago I had to describe my job to a staff of 100 people. I took my contacts out so I couldn’t see far and made my friends sit in the front row while I
spoke panicked for ten minutes.
3. I had a crush on Donnie for about a year before he noticed me.
4. My first conversation with Donnie was a bit of an argument about copyright law. (A friend who knew about my crush passed by my office and said “you were bitching but you were blushing.”)
5. We got married at the Audubon Society and the officiant was a woman from the Ethical Society. Donnie’s Jewish and I’m Catholic and it just seemed the easiest way to go.
6. I never wanted to get married until I met Donnie.
7. I was proposed to when I was 23 but said, “no thank you.” It was awkward.
8. I love (LOVE) Christmas—no matter where I spend it or what I do. I love that people seem friendlier at that time of year.
9. I took fencing classes about five years ago. I wasn’t particularly good but had a blast. (Side note: the class was for adults--13 years old and above (really, 13 is an adult?). There was a nine-year-old who started in the adult class and his first question was: “When will we learn to fly through the air with swords?”)
10. I’m a procrastinator. Case in point: I was going to post about the awards on Friday…