- I woke up no later than 4am every morning (yes, I know I just wrote that...I'm still shocked that the time zone never clicked with me...maybe that will be good now that I'm back on East Coast time)
- Longest work day = 16 hours including a dinner with one of our vendors. I'm still impressed I stayed awake even if I wasn't
intelligenttalkative at the restaurant.
- Each morning I walked to our staff room by the light of the stars. On the plus side the sky looked like black velvet with a few sparkles.
- On my birthday Donnie had the hotel deliver a cake with a candle to our onsite bookstore where I was working!
- A Marilyn Monroe impersonator sang a shortened version of "Happy Birthday" (think Mr. President) to me...a bit
- Had my In N Out burger on the last day of the meeting
- The tub in my bathroom was the size of a Toyota. The bug inside it was the size of a motorcycle so I didn't take a bubble bath.
- I had great reading time on the planes.
- I saw the Twins clinch the Central Division title (yay!) and then saw them lose two games to the Yankees in the playoffs (sniff sniff)
- Now I'm going to try and catch up on the stuff I missed in your lives.
When I landed, Donnie and Bug were waiting for me and Bug had a bouquet of roses. I felt like Dorothy...there's no place like home.